- Community & Stories
Field & Main Is A Proud Sponsor of the 2019 W.C. Handy Blues & BBQ Festival
Years ago, right here in Henderson, Kentucky, William Christopher (W.C.) Handy, a composer and musician, poured his lifetime of experiences into a new style of music called the blues. Today, as a community, we celebrate the man and his music, with good food and good friends at the W.C. Handy Blues & Barbecue Festival.
The festival returns June 12-15 at Audubon Mill Park in Henderson, featuring a line up of star-studded headliners, festival favorites and up-and-coming artists. For 29 years, the Handy Festival has brought together blues enthusiasts from across the country to experience one of the largest free festivals in the nation. Field & Main Bank is honored to return as the presenting sponsor for this celebrated local music festival. We hope you’ll join us for four days of crowd-pleasing blues.
Here are a few details you might like to know about the festival.
- It’s free and open to attendees of all ages.
- The festival plays rain or shine.
- Festival-goers may bring these items into Audubon Mill Park: Lawn chairs, blankets, and umbrellas. No coolers, alcohol or pets, please.
- There’s a Field & Main ATM on festival grounds, making it easy for you to have cash on hand for food and raffles. No ATM fees for Field & Main Bank debit and ATM card users.
- Wednesday, June 12 – The festival kicks off at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, June 13 – New Orleans-inspired Zydeco night starts at 4:00.
- Friday, June 14 – Music begins at noon.
- Saturday, June 15 – Enjoy closing day of the festival, starting at noon.